A dental bridge is a non-removable dental appliance used to replace a missing tooth (or missing teeth). A bridge can be used to accomplish the following:
- Fill gaps left by missing teeth
- Prevent the shifting of teeth due to extra space
- Restore a fully functioning bite
- Retain your face’s natural shape
- Replace a partial denture
- Promote a natural, radiant smile
Dental bridges comprise two crowns which go over the teeth adjacent to the gap. We call these abutment teeth. Between the dental crowns, we place an artificial tooth, known as a pontic. This tooth will look and function like a natural tooth. Best of all, when you smile, no one will know you have a dental appliance! Please call us to schedule a dental appointment.